23.11.13

time and space, you watch us run.


HAPPY DOCTOR WHO 50TH ANNIVERSARY YOU GUYS! 

To celebrate, I decided to harness my editing skills (because I so totally have editing skills) and create a tribute to my favourite series of Doctor Who- series 6 of the 2005 reboot. This particular series was perfect for a number of reasons- it presented us with a perfectly timey-wimey mystery, elaborated on the idea that 'silence will fall when the question is asked', and gave us the intriguing backstory of River Song. It also helps that the 11th Doctor is my favourite doctor and the Ponds are my favourite companions. What's not to love? 

Doctor Who will forever hold a place in our hearts as one of the best sci-fi shows of all time. When people ask what it's about, it can be simply described as a show about a man who can fly through time and space in a box called the TARDIS. But it's more than that. Doctor Who is about compassion, love, sacrifice, power, empathy and so many other wonderful things. 

Here's to another 50 years of Doctor Who! 

6 comments:

  1. Eek I love your tribute (good editing skills by the way). I can't wait to watch tonight's episode although I will probably end up recording it and watching it tomorrow because no one else in my family likes it. I get what you mean about it not just being a sci-fi show, to me it actually can be really poignant at times!xx

    www.whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much xx I'm actually staying up for the episode, even though it airs at like 11:50 PM my time. Hopefully I'll manage, although I might just fall asleep while waiting, haha.

      Delete
  2. Nicely put together tribute!
    What did you think of the 50th???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe I never replied to this, what is wrong with me? It was AMAZING! I never saw it coming! But Clara kind of annoyed me...

      Delete
  3. GO DOCTOR WHO!
    Also, I just saw you liked watching Castle on your profile, which, if it is the novelist/cop Castle, makes me want to give you a massive high-five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS THE NOVELIST/COP CASTLE OMG! It's amaaazing! I even have a Castle Tumblr and everything, I'm so obsessed with it.

      Delete